Give a subscription to the TLS - The Times Literary Supplement
Looking for a gift subscription for someone who wants depth, expertise and breadth in their reading?
Take a look at the Times Literary Supplement!
Its categories are many and cover subjects such as the arts, classics, culture, history, language and linguistics, literature, lives philosophy, politics and society, religion, science and technology and the world.
It considers itself to be a the world’s leading journal for literature and ideas; it believes in the importance of ideas and over the years since it was born in 1902, its contributors have included people such as Virginia Woolf, Henry James, T S Eliot, Thomas Hardy, Ted Hughes, Martin Amis, George Orwell, Doris Lessing and Margaret Atwood.
In January 2022 some of the highlights included:
- Where we belong: unpicking stereoptypes about British Muslims
- Muzzling the black dog: The search for better ways to treat depression
- Divine comedy: how Empire turned men into gods
In December 2021 some of the highlights included:
- Leading the Eye a Chase: The Principles of William Hogarth's Art
- Booze as muse: right and wrong when it comes to the hard stuff
- Bad moves across the board: the pitiless logic of a war fought by AI
In November 2021 some of the highlights included:
- Allow me to say this: Free speech absolutism is hitting the buffers
- What are the limits of logic? How a groundbreaking logician lost control
- Words of the prophet: Dostoevsky
The Times Literary Supplement has regular features, too – such as Letters to the Editor, a Note from the Editor, competitions, cartoons, crossword and quiz, book reviews, and a poem of the week. Give a gift subscription here
At the time of writing, these included….
Print - Just £28.75 for 12 weeks, renewing at £28.75 per quarter thereafter
- The weekly TLS print edition
- Home delivery included as standard
Print and Digital, Just £12 for 12 weeks, renewing at £30 per quarter thereafter
- The weekly print edition, delivered to your door
- Unrestricted access to the TLS website & app
- Full use of the 118-year old TLS Archive
- Exclusive reads through online-only features
- TLS first-look with the weekly newsletter
Digital, Just £20 for 12 weeks, renewing at £20 per quarter thereafter
- Unrestricted access to the TLS website, app and the TLS Archive
- Exclusive reads through online-only features and the weekly newsletter
To purchase a gift subscription
Just choose your subscription here and then create a username on the following page. After that, you can purchase the TLS subscription on behalf of someone else by simply ticking the relevant boxes! Go to the TLS here!